Estate liquidation and estate sales are a mammoth endeavor and can become overwhelming for a family or individuals who are trying to heal from an adverse event or making a major life change. These kinds of sales require a lot of research, planning, organizing, and management and often leave people feeling unsure about what they are doing. This is normal if you’re attempting to do this on your own. For our friends in Glencoe, we offer liquidation and estate sale support and can handle all the details.
If you have never had to go through one of these sales before, we will be able to guide you through the process and explain how it all works according to your particular situation. Below you’ll find some additional details about how an estate sale works.
Glencoe Estate Sales With North Shore Estate Sales
We have a five-step process designed to be straightforward and transparent. We always treat your estate as if it were our own and keep you informed throughout the sale event. We work hard to ensure you’re satisfied and pleased with our services and cover all the bases. Here is a brief look at our process.
- A Consultation – We offer free consultations with one of our expert estimators who can tour the estate and give you specific details about the items for the sale. The estimator will be able to go into what kind of value and profits you might be able to realize with the property contents.
- The Setup Process – Once you agree to work with us, we will begin planning your estate sale and assign you a team. They will bring display items to the home about a week prior, which helps showcase items giving the pieces a professional display on tables, cases, and racks. We will also begin advertising the sale, discussing it on various online platforms, and start building excitement around the sale in Glencoe. We will take photographs to help create more interest.
- Estate Liquidation Day – On the day of the estate sale, we will manage the entire process. This will include keeping detailed records of what sells, where items should be shipped, consult with buyers, and updating you. There will be a team managing the sale and keeping an eye on everything throughout the home.
- Clear Out Day – After the sale is over, we will then arrange for pickups and drop-offs. We will move items to charities or arrange to have someone come get them. We will also clean the estate to ensure it is ready for the next step, whether the home has sold or needs to be sold. We will also keep track of items that are donated for tax purposes and arrange to ship any items to buyers.
- Closing Day – After all the tasks are completed and we have an empty home, we will then discuss the final expenses and give you a check for the profits, the tax deduction information and estate sale documents for your records.
This is a basic look at how a liquidation happens with North Shore Estate Sales. We would be happy to offer up more specifics about your sale in Glencoe. Just give us a call or send us a message and let’s get to work on your event.